HomeEkap Achi Foundation (formally Rural Environment Protectors) is a non-governmental, non-profit organization with major focus on poverty reduction, using environment, health and governance as entry points. Ekap Achi Foundation has a well drafted constitution which guides it operations, with an advisory board of seasoned professionals and experts to direct the affairs of the organization and program implementation in consonance with the statutory policies and development needs. Ekap Achi Foundation is registered with the Corporate Affairs Commission (CAC) as a Non-Governmental Organization operating in Cross River State of Nigeria.
EKAP ACHI Foundation (EKAF) is envisioned on the eradication of rural poverty from project specific perspectives encapsulated on the key frames of environment, health and governance. EKAF's mission is to empower the rural population to make informed decisions and life choices.
The objectives of the organisation are:
- To strengthen and encourage net working among groups for exposure, education, information and communication.
- To promote and encourage the reduction of gender inequality, rights and group ownership schemes.
- To strengthen capacities of people towards sustainable livelihood activities.
- To promote participatory involvement of the people in their development initiative.
- To encourage and promote sustainable information/data bank of rural communities and population for institutional short and long term development purposes.